Employment Compliance Strategies, LLC is certified by the Small Business Association as a Women and Minority Owned Business, by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey as a Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise and by the National Minority Supplier Development Council as a Minority Owned Business.
Ms. Gibbons is on the District of New Jersey’s Mediation Panel, an arbitrator for the New Jersey State Board of Mediation and served as a federal arbitrator for the District of New Jersey.
Ms. Gibbons has considerable experience in the employment field. She counsels clients in all aspects of employment law and related litigation avoidance. In addition to successfully representing numerous clients in federal, state and administrative courts, she counsels clients in wrongful discharge avoidance and compliance with Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Equal Pay Act, the WARN Act, Civil Rights violations and other federal and state employment legislation.
Ms. Gibbons has conducted numerous investigations related to employment claims. This knowledge, coupled with the investigative skills garnered as a former civil and criminal Deputy Attorney General, has imbued her with the skills necessary to conduct thorough and objective investigations. She frequently conducts in-house employment training for management, supervisory and non-supervisory employees. Ms. Gibbons’ topics include litigation avoidance, employment compliance, discrimination, harassment, gender-based issues, workplace violence and bias training.
- Federal Arbitrator for the District of NJ
- Federal Mediator for the District of NJ
- Arbitrator for the New Jersey State Board of Mediation
- Law Clerk to Joseph A. Greenaway, Jr., U.S.D.J., District of NJ
- Law Clerk to Ronald J. Hedges, U.S.M.J., District of NJ
- Law Clerk to Leander J. Shaw, Jr., Justice, Supreme Court of Florida
- Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General for the State of New Jersey
- Associate, Davis and Gilbert LLP
- Associate, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Township of Westfield – Former Prosecutor
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, Editorial Board of the Virginia Law Review
- Rutgers Business School, MBA Classes
- B.S., Montclair State University, Business Administration/Accounting
- The Court of Appeals for the State of New York
- The Supreme Court of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Lecturer – New Jersey State Bar Assoc., “ADR”
- Lecturer – New Jersey State Bar Assoc., “Social Media and Attorneys”
- Lecturer – Wakefern Corp., “Updates in Workplace Discrimination
- Lecturer – ShopRite Corp., “A Primer on Federal and State Employee Leave Acts”
- Lecturer – Hon. Anne E. Thompson American Inns of Court, “Adoption and Adoption Law, A Personal Perspective”
- Lecturer – PriceRite Corp., “Sexual and Gender Harassment in the Workplace”
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- American Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Essex County Bar Association – Past President of the Board of
- Federal Historical Society of the United States District Court for the
District of New Jersey – Member
- Essex County Legal Aid Association – Board of Trustees and Director
- Board of Health – Member, Township of Union, NJ
- Economic Advisory Committee – Member, Township of Union, NJ
Veronica Blake-Greenaway is the founder of Employment Compliance Strategies, LLC®, a national consulting firm. Before starting this company, Ms. Blake-Greenaway was an in-house employment counsel with over twenty-five years of experience. Upon her passing, Yvette Gibbons agreed to provide continuity for Employment Compliance Strategies, LLC’s current clients and provide excellent services to our new clients.